Revision as of 17:54, 15 November 2011 by WikiSysopMPD
- MONTPELIER CITY POLICE
- MEDIA ADVISORY
- For more information, Contact: Chief Russ Roper (208) 847-1324
- November 15, 2011
- MONTPELIER POLICE ANNOUNCE HIRING OF LOCAL APPLICANT FOR U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE GRANT
- The City of Montpelier was awarded a federal Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing grant to hire a patrol officer. The grant funds the position’s salary and benefits for three years and the City commits to retaining the position for an additional year.
- Montpelier Police established a hiring roster earlier this year and have selected Robert W. Pelto of Montpelier to fill the position as patrol officer for the MPD. Officer Pelto and his family have lived in the community for the past seven years and look forward to continuing to live and work in Montpelier.
- Officer Pelto will take the Oath of Office at the City Council meeting on November 16, 2011. He will attend the Peace Officer Standards and Training academy in Boise in 2012. We are grateful to the Department of Justice for this funding which will allow us to provide better service to the citizens on Montpelier.