Revision as of 17:33, 26 September 2010 by WikiSysopMPD
- Chief Russ Roper
- 534 Washington Street
- Montpelier, ID 83254
- Work: 208-847-4237
- Fax : 208-847-1346
Chief’s Message July 2, 2010
Fireworks Safety Tips
- Review Our Safety Tips...
- Use fireworks outdoors only.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them.
- Always have water handy. (A hose or bucket).
- Only use fireworks as intended. Don't try to alter them or combine them.
- Never relight a "dud" firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Use common sense. Spectators should keep a safe distance from the shooter and the shooter should wear safety glasses.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Have a "designated shooter."
- Only persons over the age of 12 should be allowed to handle sparklers of any type.
- Do not ever use homemade fireworks of illegal explosives: They can kill you! Report illegal explosives to the fire or police department in your community.
- The National Council on Fireworks Safety invites you to celebrate our nation's heritage on the Fourth of July, but celebrate safely.